We are currently recruiting for:
Tax Assistant, Tax Senior, Accountant & Payroll Officer.
Join our thriving accountancy firm only a 20-minute easy commute between York and Harrogate.
Are you friendly, approachable and have a good sense of humour? These are important to us and our clients. You will also need to be self-motivated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy, whilst showing initiative and an ability to naturally assess your own performance.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- other job-related duties as necessary
- Preparing and submitting personal tax returns for clients
- Corresponding with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties
- Liaising with clients by phone, post, email and occasionally in person
- Dealing with any other administrative issues relating to the return
- Assisting the Tax Senior with work as required
You will be responsible for advising clients on their accountancy needs, preparation of their accounts and dealing with any further requirements your clients may have.
- Ideally you will be ACA or ACCA qualified or have equivalent experience. You must have previous experience of working within an accountancy practice.
- You will be responsible for training and overseeing the work of other members of the team.
- Full or part-time available.
You will work alongside our Payroll Manager to provide an efficient, reliable and friendly service to clients. Key responsibilities are;
- Prepare and process weekly/monthly payroll for clients using Sage 50 payroll / QuickBooks / Xero
- Ensure compliance with starter and leaver paperwork.
- Ensuring compliance with pension auto enrolment for all companies and employees.
- Manage HMRC communications including RTI, dealing with queries and enquiries relating to payroll.
- CIS returns.
- Processing statutory payments, i.e. SSP, SMP etc. and attachment/deduction of earnings.
- Preparation and submission of payroll year end.
- Benefits in Kind and P11ds.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Accurately maintain and update manual and computerised records.
If you think you fit the bill then please send us your CV.
Please send you CV and accompanying information to Kelly Garrett.