We are currently recruiting for:
Experienced Tax Senior
Join our thriving accountancy firm only a 20-minute easy commute between York and Harrogate.
Are you friendly, approachable and have a good sense of humour? These are important to us and our clients. You will also need to be self-motivated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy, whilst showing initiative and an ability to naturally assess your own performance.
For this role you will be required to:
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Other job-related duties as necessary.
This is a full time role to start as soon as possible.
The role will include producing annual accounts for Limited Companies, LLP’s and Sole Traders in a broad range of industry sectors.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Preparing and producing quarterly and annual accounts
- Submitting annual accounts to HMRC and Companies House
- Reviewing VAT returns
- Software experience in Xero, SAGE, Quickbooks and IRIS
- Managing clients via email, phone and face to face meetings
- Liaising with HMRC re client affairs
Practice experience is a necessity.
We are looking for a candidate that can assist in various areas within the business, to include:
- The preparation of accounts.
- The preparation of VAT returns.
- Bookkeeping in-house or at clients premises.
If you think you fit the bill then please send us your CV.
Salary dependent on experience. Please send you CV and accompanying information to Kelly Garrett.