We are currently recruiting for:
Experienced Tax Senior
Join our thriving accountancy firm only a 20-minute easy commute between York and Harrogate.
Are you friendly, approachable and have a good sense of humour? These are important to us and our clients. You will also need to be self-motivated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy, whilst showing initiative and an ability to naturally assess your own performance.
For this role you will be required to:
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Other job-related duties as necessary.
This is a full time role to start as soon as possible.
For this role you must have previous office experience and accurate IT skills; proficient in Microsoft Office programmes.
Tasks will include answering the phone, correspondence, sending out reminders, updating databases, filing and also the possibility of assisting our accountants with the preparation of accounts when necessary.
A job share position, we are ideally looking for someone who can work 9am to 5pm on Mondays and 2pm to 5pm Tuesday to Friday. These hours may be negotiable.
For our Bookkeeping role and in general…
You will have experience of working in a busy accountancy office (not essential for the bookkeeper role) and ideally have gained the following skills:
- Accurate IT skills; proficient in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Have experience using SAGE.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to confidentially, sensitively and diplomatically deal with a range of clients, colleagues and secure information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective personal organisation and time-management; able to use own initiative and work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to occasionally work outside regular office hours when required and undertake general office tasks.
Salary dependent on experience. Please send you CV and accompanying information to Kelly Garrett.
“Why not me?
“Why not now?”
If you feel it’s just the right role for you, talk to us and join our expert, friendly team.